- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, well-trimmed, rolled and tied (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves, dried and crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Set butter out to bring to room temperature.
- Wash and lightly trim the fat from the lamb and set aside in a roasting pan.
- Chop rosemary and mince the garlic.
- Blend the oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and half the soft butter together in a small bowl.
- Make slits into the leg of lamb with a sharp knife and stuff the herb and butter mixture into the slits.
- Spread the remaining herb and butter mixture over the lamb.
- Mix lemon juice with remaining butter and pour over lamb.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes for each pound.
- After an hour, remove the lid, add the cup of water to the drippings in the pan and baste often until the meat is well-browned and tender.
- Uncover during the last half hour of cooking for a crisp skin.