Italian Eggs and Peppers
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and stir onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
Beat eggs until blended; add black pepper and crushed chili flakes. Pour into skillet with onion and green peppers.
- Cook over medium heat. As mixture begins to set at bottom and sides, gently lift cooked portion with spatula so the uncooked egg can flow to bottom. Avoid stirring constantly.
- Cook until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot with fresh basil on top.