- CKD non-dialysis
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Set the butter out to soften. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, allspice and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Using about a tablespoon form dough into balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to brown. If desired, after removing baking sheet from the oven, immediately press 3 to 4 white chocolate chips into the center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.