- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 10 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In a small bowl mix gelatin with 1 tablespoon water and microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to dissolve gelatin. Stir and set aside.
- Wash and hull fresh strawberries. Reserve three strawberries cut into slices for garnish.
- Place the berries in a food processor and puree. Pour puree into a mixing bowl and stir in gelatin. Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of sugar to desired sweetness. Set aside.
- Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl. Beat to soft peaks.
- Gradually add 6 tablespoons of sugar to egg whites while beating until they are stiff and glossy.
- Fold the strawberry puree into the egg whites. Put the mixture in a glass bowl or dessert glasses and chill.
- Just before serving, top mousse with whipped topping and garnish with strawberry slices.