Chicken and Watercress with Gratin Pasta
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups pasta spirals or shells
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh watercress
- 1-2/3 cup béchamel sauce (white sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic cloves and watercress. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion and garlic. Add the shredded chicken and watercress. Mix well and cook until the watercress is wilted.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add the chicken mixture and half the béchamel sauce. Mix well.
- Place the mixture into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with the remaining béchamel sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.